Employment Type: Full-time Permanent
Location: Calgary, AB
Available vacancies: 1
Avmax is a diverse company offering every product and service related to aviation. We have locations, operations, and deployment worldwide.
Our vision at Avmax Group Inc. (“Avmax”) is to simplify our customers’ aviation needs through dependable, globally integrated services with trusted results. Established in 1976, our locations include: Calgary (HQ) and Vancouver in Canada, Great Falls and Jacksonville in the USA, Nairobi in Kenya, and N’Djamena in Chad.
Avmax offers the following capabilities: Aircraft Leasing, Airline Operations, Avionics, Component Repairs, Engineering, MRO, Paint and Spares. Avmax’s engineering division is a Transport Canada authorized Design Approval Organization (DAO). Avmax’s maintenance division is a Transport Canada authorized Maintenance Repair Organization (MRO).
Why work at Avmax?
Avmax has a diverse workforce with opportunity for growth and career advancements. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, flexibility, work-life balance and a friendly working environment.
We are proud of our work and commitment to create one of the leading workforce, products and services in the Aviation industry.
About the Role:
The Business Analyst reports directly to the Director of Lease Operations.
- Attention to Detail
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
Key Performance Indicators / Duties & Responsibilities
- Data review – analyze and validate existing data for accuracy and update documentation as needed.
- Identify data or process inefficiencies, recommend improvements, and support meaningful changes.
- Work closely with department leaders and project stakeholders to ensure alignment and joint accountability for successful achievement of project and operational goals.
- Prepare concise, logical, and grammatically correct reports suitable for presentation to executives and project stakeholders.
- Maintain tracking of customer’s monthly aircraft utilization and maintenance reserve balances.
- Track and calculate maintenance reserve claims in accordance with the terms of the Lease and in conciliation with the Technical Asset Manager.
- Maintain budget forecasting for maintenance reserve events.
- Calculate and track annual escalations for maintenance reserve rates.
- Coordinate with Lease Contracts and Accounting to ensure accuracy of client billing activities.
- Develop and coordinate reporting that alerts to utilization trends and ratio exceedances that may require rate adjustment negotiations with clients.
- Assist Sales and technical teams with analysis of ROI and residual value for new acquisitions opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting. A Master’s degree from an accredited MBA program is considered an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with senior decision makers and interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback.
- Self-driven individual who embraces change.
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer-orientated approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Business or Data Analyst role is required.
- Airline/ Aviation industry experience strongly preferred.
Our recruitment commitments:
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Depending on qualifications, selected candidates may be offered a role at a more appropriate level.
- Avmax Group offers a competitive compensation package including an optimal benefits plan and pension plan.
- Avmax Group Inc. is dedicated to and prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of all of our employees. Avmax Group Inc. has specific policies in place to prevent discrimination in our hiring practices on the basis of the protected grounds dictated by Canadian legislation. We, therefore, encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and women.
- Avmax will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- In order to be in compliance with the law, employees must be legally eligible to work in Canada.